Thursday, November 24, 2005

Kabakovs' at the Serpentine

A little blog interlude...

If you live in London and you’ve not been to the Serpentine Galley then you’ve missed something good. And if you’ve not been recently you’ve not seen the Kabakov’s latest installation piece – The House of Dreams.

I went on Saturday and it is great. I like installation art and this is amongst the best. It simultaneously took my mind off the million-and-one things I’m always thinking about and let me escape. At the same time is cleared my mind and let me think about some of the big issues in life.

The exhibition is one colour: white, and its arranged as a serious of sleeping compartments – where you can dream! You are invited to lie down on the bed and let your mind wonder.

Highly recommended!

2 comments:

  1. ...and you get a coloured cape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.mmbeyer.com/Papers/Art_History/Mike's/Kabakov.htm

    Michael Beyer

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.